A list some people and placs we think are super great!
- Trans Boxing- Boxing classes and resources for Trans and NB folk
- Queer Fight School- Classes for Women, GNC, and Trans folk
- Traditional Okinawan Karate School- Affordable karate in East Williamsburg, with classes for Queer folk and/or Women
- Rev Fitness- Affordable and rad fitness in East Harlem
- Center for Anti-Violence Education- Self-Defense and De-escalation classes for Femme, Queer and/or Trans folk
- IMWISE- Self-Defense classes against Hate Crimes, for Muslim Women, and for the General Public
- Masterskya- Low cost BJJ in Bushwick
- Wickwood Aikikai- Aikido classes in Ridgewood Queens
- Chok Sabai- Midtown Muay Thai/BJJ gym with Queer friendly environment
- Overthrow- Boxing gym with locations in Brooklyn and the LES, somewhat affordable options available
- Bronx Social Center- Offering karate classes twice a week in the South Bronx
- Female Awareness- Constant self-defense classes in Midtown
- Feminist Self-Defense- Self-Defense Workshops, with finance options for those who need
- Westside TKD- Tae-Kwon-Do training in Harlem
- Brooklyn Goju- “Martial Arts for Peace Strength and Justice” in Park Slope. “Trans & cis women, non-binary folks, gender-nonconforming people, and/or trans men are encouraged to train in our safe and inclusive space.”
- Ruckus Safety Awareness- Self-Defense workshops, ranging from beginner to intermediate
- Shime Waza Defense Services- Offering private martial arts lessons on a sliding scale, contact through Instagram.
- CyPurr Collective- Cybersecurity workshops and events!
- NYC CryptoParty- Folks organizing cybersecurity events around NYC!
- CryptoParty- Global listing of cybersecurity workshops and events
- Arab American Association of NY- With a mission to support and empower the Arab Immigrant and Arab American community, including bystander intervention trainings, and the Accompany Project
- Callen-Lorde LGBTQ Health Services (Mental Health as well)
- Third Root Acupuncture, herbal medicine, massage, yoga at a sliding scale cost in Brooklyn
- Cookie’s Joint Providing basic needs for “sex workers, trans women, undocumented folks, folks who have aged out of the NYC youth-only LGBT shelter system, disabled folks, etc”
- NYC Condoms- Where to get free condoms in NYC
- Cindy Samantha LMT- Integrative Body Work and Massage Therapist in South Brooklyn
- Dance Safe- Providing harm reduction resources, and creating Safe Spaces at parties.
Mental Health Resources
- Respite Centers- Lists of a few respite centers in NYC
- National Institute for Psychotherapies- Psychotherapy, psychoanalysis and EMDR services. Sliding scale cost, minimum $35 per sesssion in Midtown
- Fountain House- Mental health services, “providing opportunities for our members to live, work, and learn, while contributing their talents through a community of mutual support.”
- Brooklyn Center for Psychotherapy- Sliding-scale mental health services in Brooklyn
- Training Institute for Mental Health- Psychodynamic, sliding scale mental health services with locations in Manhatten
- Ali Forney Center Providing housing and support for LGBTQ youth
- Harriet’s Apothecary- Mental Health meetups for QTPOC folk
- Neighborhood Guide to Food and Assistance- Lists of places to apply for support or get a meal
- New Sanctuary Coalition- List of resources for sanctuary support
- Brooklyn Defense Committee- Do you have an emergency plan if ICE comes to your community. Building a network of sanctuary space, give em a call at 347-762-4499 (Email: Sanctuaryprogram@gmail.com)
- Self-Defense Starter Kit- Zine turned Website with a bunch a great videos
- 21 Effective Self-Defense Techniques- Some intro to BJJ with many techniques that we teach at our own workshops.
- Safe to Train- List of schools round the country the promote safe spaces
- Home Alive- Great resources and tps on self-defense
- Got A Girl Crush Catcalling Citation- Cards to confront street harassers with!
- Cards Against Harassment- Some more cards with messages to quiet street harassers
- Stop Street Harassment- Organization providing support and resources to those who face street harassment, including a national hotline to talk to somebody if you need to.
- Anti-Violence Project- Hotline and resources to those experiencing hate crimes and other forms of violence
- Queer Fighters- Videos and resources on Self-Defense and BJJ from the folks at Four Elements in Oakland
- Outwod- “OUTWOD is the largest international initiative for bringing together LGBT+ athletes and their allies to raise funds for local charitable organizations and sweat together in a safe, inclusive group fitness environment.”
- Sisters of Powerlifting- Resource for WOC getting into powerlifting!
- Rest For Resistance- TQPoc Mental health reads and resources
- National Queer Trans Therapists of Color Network- Online directory of Q/T therapists of color
- Autism Resources- Google Doc of resources and articles on Autism
- Jane Adams Collective- Info and Resources on Mutual Aid Self-Therapy
- Holistic Security- A guide to Threat Modeling by the Tactical Tech Collective
- Cutealism- Cute intro guide to cybersecurity!
- Data Detox- Day-by-day guide to get your cybersecurity on!
- SSD by EFF- A bunch of great 101 cybersecurity guides by the Electronic Frontier Foundation
- HackBlossom- Feminist cybersecurity guides/resources
- Privacy Tools- A list of Free Open Source Apps to use
- NYC Mesh- Folks building an Internet alternative!
- 30 Day Security Challenge- Great day-by-day guides for folks just getting into cybersecurity
- Data and Activism- A guide for navigating the digital world as an activist by Tactical Tech
- Defend Our Movements- Cool 101 cybersecurity guides and HelpDesk from the folks at “Center for Media Justice, May First / People Link, and diverse movement technologists and activists”
- The Empowering Internet Safety Guide for Women A guide with some great tips on how to up your cybersecurity.
- Squadbox- A great way to set up email filtering for a friend who is being harassed online.
- Designing For Users With Various Abilities Some cool info graphics on how you can design web pages that are accessible!
- Hollaback!- Resources for de-escalation on online harassment
- The Dandelion Initiative- A non-profit supporting community-led action to end sexual violence, by survivors for survivors
- Good Night Out- An independent, international initiative dedicated to helping the nighttime economy deal with, tackle and prevent harassment
- SASS- Promoting Safer Spaces and best practices for venues in Calgary
- INCITE Community Accountability Resources
- Creative Interventions Toolkit- “Creative Interventions Toolkit: A Practical Guide to Stop Interpersonal Violence”
- The Revolution Starts at Home (zine)
- Support NYC Links and Resources- a ton of great links going to orgs doing various forms of accountability work.
- How to Support A Survivor of Sexual Violence- Some tips on support